It is Friday, June 10, 2016 and a beautiful overcast day it is! Tomorrow I will attend the memorial for a woman I have known for several years and who was very active in Republican politics in South Florida. I remember the last time I saw her, she was so full of life, exuberance and activity. She was as clear about how she felt and about her stance on things, “People loved her and people hated her,” Ellich said. “You always knew where you stood with her. That’s a good thing.”. It sure was. Kilcullen “was not out there to be liked.”, she made a stand and had courage. She will be missed.
But on to the observations:
(1) The three-pronged attack from President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren came on the same day the former and latter formally endorsed Clinton. To use a boxing metaphor, right now they are in a tag team and Trump is the ONLY Republican in the ring. No surrogates just politicians, not in their boxing trunks but in their pin striped suits standing on the outside of the ring saying quietly “go donald” just so that their constituents who voted for Trump will not be offended and still offer up their vote for them in the fall. Frequently, several of the Republicans in their pinstriped suits will tip toe over to the other side of the ring to make sure the OTHER candidate (Clinton) has enough water and encouragement. But don’t tell anyone….. shhhhhh.
(2) Somewhere, somehow, the people who should have a clear eye for this past 7 years have forgotten this past seven years. Somehow, Barrack Obama now has a 51 percent approval rating and the person running to give us 8 more years of this term is getting support from many proud Republicans such as Romney, McCain, Bush and the list goes on. Heck Obama is so cocksure of his next 8 years that he is moving to DC. Part of the reason is to see his daughter finish at her lovely private school, but don’t think for one moment he will not be overseeing his Obamanian empire as we try to recruit the “ideal” third party candidate — a journalist here, military general there…….
A boat doesn’t go forward if each one is rowing their own way. Swahili Proverb
(3) Make no mistake, this is a two way race. Only two teams. Sitting home means that you are voting for the other team. Voting for Gary Johnson means that you are voting for the other team. Writing in Donald Duck means that you are voting for the other team. The cynical movement to recruit at this late in the day simply means that we want our guy to lose.
(4) As we pave the way for a President Castro in the near future (look that one up for those who don’t know), it is always amusing to watch the gaggle of white people around the Morning Joe table lament about how “racist” another white guy – Donald Trump is. How “mighty white” of them to decide what is racist and what is not. The only Black guy they consistently have on is “Rev-run” Al Sharpton who they believe is the “rep” for the Black race – and THAT is racist indeed. Oh, and occasionally Michael Steele who I like and quite frankly gives a fair assessment for those times they have him on as they vehemently object to most of what he has to say.
(5) Supreme Court justices are appointed for life. They’re not making decisions based on campaign contributions; they’re making them based on legal philosophy—and in some cases, ideology. If a liberal replaces Scalia, it will likely be the biggest ideological swing in the court since Clarence Thomas replaced Thurgood Marshall — and the first time since the 1960s, when Richard Nixon had two early appointments, that the court had a clear liberal majority. And take a look at the age of the remainder of the court….. will the remainder on the conservative side be around and sound for the next 8 years? Might sound harsh but none of us are here forever….. in mind or body.
Look, I know to many he (Trump) was not their “ideal”, but it is what it is. A team is made up of individual members banding together. One former Presidential candidate who has become quite unglued regarding the possibility of a Trump presidency, continues to state he “needs to fight” so that his grandson will be proud of him. So, what will he tell his grandson in the absence of the first or second amendment? Oh Angela, you say, they LIKE freedom of Speech! Um, no they don’t because in order to take away rights, they MUST do away with both the idea of free speech and religion. And……. this is just the beginning. Think about it.
And for those who are in instant gratification land and want to forget what was promised with Obama’s fundamental change promise, let me remind you of dead policemen, racial strife, riots in our inner cities, the lie of “shovel ready jobs”, cronyism, Iran treaty, Obamacare (which will go up, up, up in price but never away), tax dollars to lobbyists, armed SWAT agents raid a law-abiding guitar factory because it was owned by a Republican, spent $1.6 million to restore graffiti that glorified communist murderers Che Guevara and Fidel Castro, tried to inhibit family farms, destroyed the coal industry,
Etc. Etc. Etc. And for those “dreamers” who believe that after 4 years of Clinton ….. Maybe Ryan or Cruz will be in the wings. Forget about it. This election, if Hillary be your “man”, will be the LAST time a Republican gets near the White House for a very long time. And the surviving party will NOT be Republican because the Republicans in “high places” have no idea what the public in “low places” think of them. Lights out in the shining city on the hill.
“So the story of man runs in a dreary circle, because he is not yet master of the earth that holds him.”
― Will Durant